Reports To: General Manager/Senior VP of Agronomy at OB Sports
Position Purpose: Manage and maintain golf course properties including golf courses, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, open spaces and the equipment used to maintain these areas. Responsible for the development and implementation of all golf course maintenance programs, budgets and personnel direction.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all grounds and course maintenance equipment according to the club’s / company’s
turf management program.
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to department.
- Maintains accurate work records for all personnel in the department.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing, care and removal of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and
other facilities on the golf course.
- Maintains course in proper playing condition.
- Inspects course regularly to evaluate and recommend improvements.
- Plan any and all future improvements to the golf course, and oversees all construction, maintenance and renovations.
- Oversees repairs of broken water lines or valves and may perform necessary repairs in an emergency.
- Records all maintenance on course.
- Supervises operation of the Equipment Repair Shop.
- Prepares annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that
budget goals are met.
- Prepares and revises grounds manual.
- Establishes short- and long-range plans for the golf course.
- Selects and prepares proper fertilizers and nutrients for all flora and fauna.
- Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members, and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws; implements and manages the club’s hazard communication (HAZCOM) program.
- Ensures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations; maintains required records and strives to minimize
the use of chemicals and petroleum products.
- Communicates as necessary with Director of Golf and Golf Professional to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans, scheduled events and the number of rounds played.
- Communicates as necessary with Grounds, Golf or House committees or other applicable committees.
- Attends staff and management meetings.
- Keeps members informed about current and future maintenance activities.
- Conducts daily facility security checks ensuring accurate inventory of equipment and keys.
- Assists with snow removal planning.
- Plans professional development and training activities for subordinates including safety training for equipment use and proper handling of fertilizers, herbicides, and all other chemicals used on course; assures that SDSs are available in convenient location.
- Makes recommendations for capital improvement and purchases.
- Supervises road and roadside maintenance within the club’s grounds.
- Ensures proper landscaping for property outside of golf course including the clubhouse and surrounding areas.
- Coordinates applicable work with outside contractors.
- Determines when course should be closed due to weather conditions that may damage the course if play continues.
- Conducts other appropriate tasks assigned by the General Manager.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or Plant Science.
- An Associate’s degree from an intensive two-year turf grass management program.
- Previous work as an assistant to an experienced Golf Course Superintendent required
- Previous supervisory experience in a club or golf course setting.
- Golf Course Superintendent Association of America (GCSAA), class A.
- Pesticide Application certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send you resume to email@example.com