Reports To: Controller
The Staff Accountant is responsible and accountable for handling all accounts payable processes, cash handling, POS integration, daily flash reporting, onboarding, employee documentation and other HR related responsibilities. In this role, it is crucial to be able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously. Effective communication with General Manager, Controller, Board Members, Clubhouse team members, customers and HR-Payroll Services is critical. Attention to detail and working well with others is a must.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting and General Office
- Collect financial data to develop and distribute daily “Flash Reports”.
- Maintain accounts payables and receivable records for three HOA’s.
- Maintain accurate and organized accounting information for posting to the general ledger.
- Route accounts payable invoices for approval and post in accounting system.
- Managing data base, files, reports, records and spreadsheets.
- Assist team with administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Controller or General Manager.
- Provide month-end and interim reports to support monthly and interim reporting cycles.
- Handle all matters with confidentiality, sensitivity, and knowledge.
- Responsible for all onboarding of team members.
- Additional duties/ responsibilities may be assigned as the business/ department evolve over time.
Experience / Education / Requirements
- Associates degree with three years of experience in AP or similar capacity.
- Experience with outsourced payroll processing.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Sage (preferred), and Payroll software a must.
- Have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Basic HR skills, including, but not limited to; personnel record keeping and filing, an awareness of compliance and confidentiality in regard to all payroll, benefits administration, and HR matters.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Keen business sense; able to exercise good judgment, as necessary.
- Must be able to work with and always maintain confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be forward thinking and always looking to improve processed.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. to waist height.
- Frequent bending turning, kneeling, and stooping.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive motion required for computer entry.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com