Reports To: Executive Chef
Assist in the preparation of restaurant menu items and assists Executive Chef in overall culinary operation.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen walk-in coolers and storage rooms.
- Assist in preparation of preparing menu items in accordance to set standards and specifications.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining prep for culinary stations and line usage.
- Assist in stocking and rotation of inventory as it arrives and insuring invoices are accurate.
- Utilize advanced culinary skills.
- Know and practice health and O.S.H.A. regulations.
- Ensure safety standards are practiced.
- Know and execute recipe standards and specifications.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- Grade School education or its equivalent.
- Must have local health and alcohol awareness certification.
- Culinary degree and or extensive experience in upscale Food & Beverage establishment.
- Prior experience as sous chef or working chef.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Obtain and maintain current food service certification.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Frequent bending turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a golf car in a safe manner.
Salary: $35,568.00 + DOA
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org