OB Sports Golf Management is a comprehensive golf course company with expertise in all aspects of golf course development and operations. OB Sports is firmly established in the golf industry and our business formula has proven successful time and time again. Our team is talented, experienced and highly skilled. As our business continues to grow and our needs for talent change we are searching for an experienced Regional Corporate Accounting Manager.
We are seeking an accounting professional with excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus working at our corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ. This position will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts and reports, and preparing monthly financial statements for multiple golf course facilities.
Specific duties will include:
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Prepare as needed proforma’s and other financial projections for existing and prospective golf courses facilities.
- Provide comparison reports and trend analysis of forecasts to actual results.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to meet changing marketplace.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data where required.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Manages and actively oversees accounting transition efforts for new courses under management.
- Prepares and coordinates month-end close process for multiple golf course facilities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Acquire necessary POS software knowledge and training to support related golf courses and maximize the efficiencies of gathering, condensing, and reporting related data.
- Create and implement more systematic approaches to utilizing and reporting data for compilation and distribution of financial information and critical business drivers.
- Support data centralization and standardization initiatives.
- Create, implement, and modify documents, and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Provides detailed analysis of budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Maintain effective communications with all team members located at the golf courses and within the corporate office to maintain a smooth, informed and consistent atmosphere of information sharing.
- Perform any reasonable tasks assigned by a manager.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or 6 – 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert level of proficiency with Excel and integration with database management tools. Proficiency with Word, Sage50, PowerPoint, Windows. Golf Industry POS Applications-IBS, Jonas a plus.
- Must be resourceful and a self-starter as well as be a creative problem solver with the ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization may exist.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to speak effectively, and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Take-charge professional with proven capability to be hands on in the details with the team and also lead and manage in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Sound decision-making skills and the ability to drive key initiatives.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Ability to manage financial controls and accounting processes across geographically dispersed golf courses under management.
- Some travel required. Golf industry experience a plus.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, including salary history, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com