Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent / Assistant Superintendent / Director of Golf Course Maintenance
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma and GED required.
- Previous golf course irrigation experience required.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers and various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of turf grass management.
- Knowledge of pump station maintenance, operation, and repair.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds maintenance work.
- Ability to operate all golf course equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
- Interest in the game of golf is preferred.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all irrigation and drainage systems on the club’s golf course and grounds.
- Waters greens, tees, fairways, rough, lawns and other areas as needed or scheduled.
- Monitors daily water usage and informs Golf Course Superintendent of any needed adjustments to the irrigation computer settings.
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
- Designs, implements and maintains mechanical and electrical components of course irrigation system.
- Repairs equipment associated with irrigation (i.e., irrigation pipes and irrigation heads).
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment associated with irrigation.
- Maintains complete records on all equipment maintenance associated with irrigation.
- Controls expenses associated with irrigation equipment and activities.
- Maintains inventory of parts needed for irrigation equipment.
- Performs all record-keeping relative to irrigation system including weather and rainfall data; assists in recording fertilizer and pesticide applications.
- Performs daily well and pump water usage reports.
- Helps apply or water-in pesticides and fertilizers under the supervision of the Pesticides Application Specialist.
- Operates dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
- May occasionally supervise crews for special projects.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Keep irrigation parts room organized and inventoried at all times.
Licenses and Special Requirements:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com