Full-Time Seasonal Position – Starts April 1, 2021
Operate, maintain and service all aspects of the Course irrigation and drainage systems.
Experience and Education:
- Experience with Golf Course Irrigation systems or Large-scale Parks and Recreational area systems.
- Large scale Landscaping Irrigation experience.
- High School diploma.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Basic understanding of hydraulics and electricity as it relates to an irrigation system.
- Knowledge of pump stations operation and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of turf grass management practices.
- Knowledge of Rainbird irrigation operating systems preferred.
Tasks / Duties:
- Operate Rainbird Freedom Control system.
- Monitor the Course daily, and have the ability to identify and forecast wet and dry areas before they become a problem.
- Rotate sprinklers in and out around the Course for proper water distribution.
- Make irrigation repairs as needed.
- Raise, level, change out and trim around sprinklers as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with Course Superintendent for watering schedules.
- Schedule and supervise staff as needed for handwatering.
- Participate in Spring start up and Fall winterizing of the Irrigation System.
- Coordinate with Course Superintendent to maintain an inventory of irrigation parts and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining supplied irrigation vehicle, used to perform work.
- Maintain and manage all drainage related areas on the property.
- Responsible for documenting and keeping records of irrigation repairs and changes to the irrigation and or drainage systems.
- Monitor well sites, pumps and motors for correct and efficient operations.
- Will monitor and as needed, oversee the seeding and grow in of stressed areas on the Golf Course.
- During the off season, will assist equipment mechanic in maintaining all turf related equipment.
- May plow snow on an as needed basis.
- Will assist other staff members with assignments as needed.
If you are interested in the position and meet the qualifications, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org