POSITION: HEAD IRRIGATION TECHNICIAN – MCDOWELL MOUNTAIN GOLF CLUB
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all irrigation and drainage systems on the club’s golf course and grounds.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma and GED required.
- Some experience working for a landscaping service or golf course grounds crew, specifically working with the irrigation system.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers and various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Knowledge of Rainbird system preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of turf grass management.
- Knowledge of pump station maintenance, operation, and repair.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds maintenance work.
- Ability to operate all golf course equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
- Interest in the game of golf is preferred.
- Waters greens, tees, fairways, rough, lawns and other areas as needed or scheduled.
- Monitors daily water usage and informs Golf Course Superintendent of any needed adjustments to the irrigation computer settings.
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
- Designs, implements and maintains mechanical and electrical components of course irrigation system.
- Repairs equipment associated with irrigation (i.e., irrigation pipes and irrigation heads).
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment associated with irrigation.
- Maintains complete records on all equipment maintenance associated with irrigation.
- Controls expenses associated with irrigation equipment and activities.
- Maintains inventory of parts needed for irrigation equipment.
- Performs all record-keeping relative to irrigation system including weather and rainfall data; assists in recording fertilizer and pesticide applications.
- Performs daily well and pump water usage reports.
- Helps apply or water-in pesticides and fertilizers under the supervision of the Pesticides Application Specialist.
- Operates dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
- May occasionally supervise crews for special projects.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Keep irrigation parts room organized and inventoried at all times.
Licenses and Special Requirements:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org