Responsible for the overall golf operation of the golf club relating to guest needs and public play as well as group and tournament play.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly involved with hiring and training the most qualified personnel available to benefit the overall success of the club.
- Shall maintain an open line of communication and oversee the performance of both the inside and outside staff and conduct regular staff meetings.
- Establishes pricing policies.
- Assists staff in providing qualified instruction and oversee the scheduling of lessons; monitors and promotes group instruction.
- Develops and administer budgets as requested by management, to include monitoring daily revenues and expenses and recommend, as necessary, steps which maximize the profitability of the club.
- Shall set and post hours of operation and be responsible for the proper operation and appearance of the practice facility to ensure adequate supplies of practice balls are available at all times.
- Responsible for the proper servicing and repair of the golf car fleet. Includes overseeing the daily washing and cleanliness of cars and supervision of player service attendants and mechanic.
- Establishes and/or suggests promotions and marketing strategies to meet both the short and long-term goals of the club and to ensure maximum profitability.
- Available for meetings requested by management and provides professional advice and opinions.
- Works closely with the golf course superintendent and other departments to coordinate activities, which benefit the club.
- Represents the club in various golf related functions to promote community relations and exposure for the club.
- Performs any other duty deemed reasonable and necessary by the supervisor or management.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- Some college education or its equivalent.
- Active Class A Apprentice, PGA status or its equivalent.
- Must be computer literate with accurate math and typing skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Frequent bending, turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Repetitive motion required, including computer entry.
- Must be able to operate a golf car in a safe manner.
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language.
Compensation: $65,000 – $75,000 per year – Lessons and Bonus included.
If you are interested in the position and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume to email@example.com