Position Title: HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF GOLF
FLSA Designation: EXEMPT – SALARY
Position Summary: To assist the Director of Golf with the daily management of the golf operation. Exceed overall expectations as set forth by Mountain Shadows. Will report to Director of Golf.
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining and motivating employees.
- To complete, in a timely fashion, all schedules and monitor staffing to insure maximum service, quality, efficiency and productivity. Also to monitor fluctuations in occupancy so that schedules may be adjusted.
- The ability to ensure all daily and weekly payroll reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection: control and manage play.
- Make golf reservations & maximize rounds and revenues thru dynamic pricing, innovative and creative revenue strategies.
- Assist with all opening and closing procedures.
- Assist in managing innovative & creative tournament operations including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post-tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, prep, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up.
- Assist with management of golf shop and outside services staff to ensure the highest of customer service expectations are met.
- Assist in the inventory control to include ordering, receiving, inputting and pricing. Maintain attractive and orderly retail appearance in golf shop. Maintain a profitable retail operation.
- Guest relations meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests, providing consistent genuine and friendly hospitality.
- Assist overseeing golf cart fleet and rentals to ensure proper safety, storage, cleaning, maintenance and record keeping.
- Some short game golf instruction as needed.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Golf.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the Responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- PGA Member preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf.
- Experienced computer user to include, Microsoft Word and Excel and other computer applications such as retail POS & tee time software
- Able to meet the minimum physical requirements.
- Able to work in guest service environment and communicate effectively.
Specific Functions of Position:
The specific functions listed below are the responsibility of the Head Golf Professional in addition to the responsibilities of the position.
- To create a positive, professional and friendly environment for our members, guests and fellow associates.
- To promote teamwork throughout the facility.
- To maintain a look of organization and cleanliness throughout the golf shop and offices consistently each day.
- Involvement throughout the facility as prescribed by management.
- Actively promote the game of golf and tournament preparations with our members and guests.
- Maintain the goals and direction prescribed by management.
- Share thoughts and ideas of how to improve the facility around you.
- Following all policies and procedures of Mountain Shadow’s.
- Immediately reporting all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practicing safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
If you are interested in the position and meet the qualifications please apply at https://jobs.mountainshadows.com/jobs