Reports To: Assistant Golf Professional
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to continually monitor, implement and adhere to all company goals and procedures.
- When acting as an “Outside Service” staff member responsible for welcoming and greeting of guests and players, assist guests at bag drop and stage clubs on golf cars, welcome guests on completion of round, clean club and store clubs when requested.
- When acting as “Starter” greet each group in a friendly manner. Explain rules and course etiquette to all groups. Facilitate orderly and timely pace of play of groups to prevent delays. Answer all questions in a friendly manner. Keep a record of starting times and golf car numbers for each group.
- When acting as “Range Starter” ensure that each group has four players if possible. Save empty golf cars for guest services and return if possible. Facilitate timely starts. Keep range stations stocked and organized and keep hitting area free of debris and keep the line in an orderly fashion. Ensure the practice green has balls available for guests and is clean and organized throughout the day.
- Responsible for the picking up and cleaning practice balls in a timely manner keeping proper inventories of practice balls.
- When acting as “Player Assistant” maintain proper pace of play.
- Maintain professional golf car fleet, storage area and practice facility.
- Assist the group services department with the set-up and organization of the golf cars for any shotgun, split tee or regular tee time starts.
- Maintain proper equipment and inventory levels including rental clubs, radios, pencils, tees and score cards and ball mark repair tools.
- Perform other duties deemed reasonable by the Supervisor and/or Head Golf Professional.
- Provide unparalleled service and enthusiasm to any and all questions and requests from our guests.
- Assist fellow guest service staff in maintaining a clean and professional practice facility.
- Greet each player in a friendly manner. Provide service in any and every way.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- High school diploma required at a minimum.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. to shoulder height repetitively.
- Frequent bending, turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to be out-of-doors in varying temperatures.
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
- Must be able to operate a golf car in a safe manner
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org