Reports to: Golf Course Maintenance Foreman / Assistant Superintendent / Golf Course Superintendent / Director or Golf Course Maintenance
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Education and/or Experience
- Some High School.
- Six months of experience in golf course grounds maintenance or greenskeeping is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Knowledge of golf course operations.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
- Cooperate with, and respect fellow employees.
- Presents a professional image at all times.
- Interest in the game of golf is preferred.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Maintain golf course and landscaping around the course, clubhouse and other club facilities, including parking lots.
- Plants and maintains ornamental shrubs, trees, and flowers.
- Performs basic labor on the golf course.
- Trims and feeds shrubs and trees; removes cuttings.
- Maintains landscape beds around clubhouse and golf course grounds.
- Rakes and blows leaves, walkways, parking lots, golf car storage areas, driveways, etc.
- Mows greens and fairways by operating walk-behind turf equipment.
- Prepares and lays sod.
- Fills divots and repairs ball marks.
- Basic operation of utility vehicles, sod cutters, weed-eaters, hand-held blowers, small equipment/etc.
- Rakes and edges bunkers and periodically fills with sand.
- Loads and unloads materials.
- Repairs and maintains driving range tees.
- Cleans any/all equipment used on the golf course grounds.
- Aerifies and spikes greens.
- Digs holes and trenches to maintain or construct irrigation and drainage lines.
- Installs pipe and backfills excavations.
- Empties garbage cans.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs manual watering on the golf course.
- Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment, which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat.
- Often required to get dirty and/or work in dirty environments.
- Prefer that all groundskeepers possess a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com