Scott Park Golf Links, Silver City New Mexico is excited to announce the career opportunity of Golf Course Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focuesed on providing superior conditions.
Key Responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent:
- Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
- Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
- Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
- Procures supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
- Keeps record of annual maintenance activities and costs. Prepares reports.
- Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
- Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
- Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures that they and all associates obtain proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Golf Course Superintendent:
- Bachelor’s Degree preference from agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science and 2 years Superintendent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have or can obtain within 90 days of hire a New Mexico State Chemical Applicators License.
Salary: $60,000 per year
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com