Reports To: Superintendent
To provide the mechanically expertise in fixing golf course equipment and to keep current equipment operating efficiently.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the technical knowledge needed to keep the golf course equipment operating efficiently.
- Perform maintenance repairs on equipment as directed/needed; inspect and adjust mowers daily. Perform field inspections of equipment.
- Maintain effective communications within the department, both oral and written. Maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees.
- Communicate questions or concerns to Supervisor as necessary.
- Ensure work area is kept clean and neat; ensure proper care and storage of tools. Assist operators in adding fuel, oil and proper greasing of equipment.
- Foster a safe work environment at all times.
- Working knowledge of golf course maintenance equipment and repair practices including: gasoline, diesel, and electric motor repair. Hydraulic and hydrostatic transmission repair, grinding, back lapping and adjusting reels.
- Must be able to work on own with little supervision.
- Must be polite and friendly to players and guests; always projecting a professional image.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- High School education or its equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical tools, safety procedures and equipment repair.
- Experience with Jacobsen and Toro equipment is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Constant bending, turning, keeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, fumes, exhaust and environmental conditions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate gas powered golf equipment and maintenance equipment in a safe manner.
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com