Position: General Manager, Somerby Golf Club
The General Manager serves as the chief operating officer of the club and is responsible for the overall management of the golf course facility encompassing golf operations, course maintenance, food and beverage operations (including the refreshment areas and refreshment cars), and general administration.
Reports to: SR VP of Operations, OB Sports Management, LLC
Club: Established in 2004, Somerby Golf Club is a private club offering its members, families and guests the finest golf, recreational, social and business entertaining lifestyles. With the Club centered on the Tom Lehman and John Fought golf course, Members enjoy camaraderie, impeccable service and pride in belonging. The 18-hole championship course is accompanied by a 35,000-square-foot clubhouse including full men’s and ladies’ locker rooms, golf pro shop, fine dining and grille room. This natural, classic Lehman-designed golf course blends harmoniously with its surroundings. The seasoned golfer as well as the enthusiastic novice thoroughly enjoys playing this challenging, fair and aesthetically pleasing golf course. Somerby, on multiple occasions, has hosted the PGA Tour’s Nationwide Series and has also been recognized for excellence in environmental stewardship by achieving the designation as a “Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary” by Audubon International. Golf Digest Magazine consistently ranks Somerby among the top ten best golf courses in the State of Minnesota.
Our Team members are the foundation of our success and contribute to a work environment that is based upon respect, teamwork and appreciation. Our core promise is to offer each Member and our guests the best possible customer service, quality, value and selection.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the facility providing clear direction to all department heads.
- Communicate and monitor the comprehensive objectives of the operation and be available, approachable and display leadership by example to others.
- Responsible for achieving the highest possible service standards on a daily basis to ensure consistency, product quality, and promote customer confidence and loyalty.
- Works closely with the marketing staff in the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan and initiates necessary adjustments throughout the year to maximize the benefit of the marketing efforts.
- Shall oversee the development, completion and implementation of the annual operating budget for each department.
- Responsible for ensuring the best possible financial performance of the facility by monitoring daily operations and the total revenues and expenses of each department.
- Shall at all times enforce and ensure policies and procedures of the facility are applied in an equal and fair manner for all employees and guests, in all departments.
- Recommend and/or establish policy and procedural changes as appropriate to support the goals of the operation, ownership and management.
- Establish methods of interdepartmental communication to include weekly staff meetings of the department heads and or an appropriate representative of each department.
- Responsible for ensuring all new employees complete new hire orientation and receive departmental training specific to their related job function.
- Promotes safety awareness for all departments through continual training to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- Shall ensure that the general upkeep of the building structures and other assets of the facility are in good repair and arrange for all necessary repair work or preventative maintenance to be performed as appropriate in an expeditious manner.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of the facility at the highest possible level.
- Ensures that all permits, licenses, fees, taxes, assessments, and/or regulations of a governmental agency of jurisdiction are in compliance with the federal, state and local requirements.
- Ensure protection of all physical and financial assets with appropriate policies and security measures.
- Represents the facility and OB Sports Golf Management in various community functions in a way that supports the overall objectives of the ownership group.
- Cooperate in performing any other duty deemed reasonable and necessary by the ownership group and OB Sports Golf Management.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written formats.
- Able to delegate responsibilities.
- Able to develop, lead and manage a team.
- Computer literate in MS Office products to include Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Able to perform arithmetic computations for budgeting and cost analysis.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements:
- Some college education or its equivalent.
- Continuing education training through PGA or CMAA.
- Prior management experience in golf industry required.
- Experience as general manager preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Some repetitive motion required including typing and data entry.
- Frequent bending, turning, kneeling and stooping may be required.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language.
The compensation package is competitive in salary and DOE, including health, dental, 401K, vacation, annual bonus, meals and cell phone allowance.
Please send resumes and cover letter to Ryan Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 25.