General Manager – Baylands Golf Links
The Palo Alto Municipal Golf Course has been completely transformed into a beautiful links style course that complements the look and feel of the Palo Alto Baylands. Reopening in Spring 2018 and renamed Baylands Golf Links, located in the famous Silicon Valley, between the main campuses of Facebook and Google. The course features 18 new holes suitable for beginners and experienced players. Baylands setting with elevated scenic views of the Baylands and San Francisco Bay, offering 55 acres of native Baylands vegetation and wetlands areas.
Baylands Golf Links Palo Alto – 1875 Embarcadero Road – Palo Alto, CA 94303
This position reports to OB Sports Golf Management, LLC and is responsible for the overall management of the golf course facility encompassing golf operations, course maintenance, food and beverage operations (including the refreshment areas and refreshment cars), and general administration.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to promote goodwill and exceptional customer service to the guests of Baylands Golf Links.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day leadership of the facility providing clear direction to all department heads.
- Communicate and monitor the comprehensive objectives of the operation and be available, approachable and display leadership by example to others.
- Responsible for achieving the highest possible service standards on a daily basis to ensure consistency, product quality, and promote customer confidence and loyalty.
- Works closely with the marketing staff in the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan and initiates necessary adjustments throughout the year to maximize the benefit of the marketing efforts.
- Shall oversee the development, completion and implementation of the annual operating budget for each department.
- Responsible for ensuring the best possible financial performance of the facility by monitoring daily operations and the total revenues and expenses of each department.
- Shall at all times enforce and ensure policies and procedures of the facility are applied in an equal and fair manner for all employees and guests, in all departments.
- Recommend and/or establish policy and procedural changes as appropriate to support the goals of the operation, ownership and management.
- Establish methods of interdepartmental communication to include weekly staff meetings of the department heads and or an appropriate representative of each department.
- Responsible for ensuring all new employees complete new hire orientation and receive departmental training specific to their related job function.
- Promotes safety awareness for all departments through continual training to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- Shall ensure that the general upkeep of the building structures and other assets of the facility are in good repair and arrange for all necessary repair work or preventative maintenance to be performed as appropriate in an expeditious manner.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of the facility at the highest possible level.
- Ensures that all permits, licenses, fees, taxes, assessments, and/or regulations of a governmental agency of jurisdiction are in compliance with the federal, state and local requirements.
- Represents the facility and OB Sports Golf Management in various community functions in a way that supports the overall objectives of the ownership group.
- Cooperate in performing any other duty deemed reasonable and necessary by the ownership group and OB Sports Golf Management.
- Some college education or its equivalent.
- PGA member in good standing.
- Experience as general manager required.
- Public golf background preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written formats.
- Able to delegate responsibilities.
- Able to develop, lead and manage a team.
- Computer literate in MS Office products to include Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Able to perform arithmetic computations for budgeting and cost analysis.
If you are interested and meet these qualifications please submit your resume, cover letter and references by email to: email@example.com