Seasonal Position – Approximately 8 Months
Oversee all assistant golf professionals, associate golf shop staff, player assistants and guest service attendants. This person will assist with overseeing the overall day-to-day operation of the golf shop and will ensure that all golfing needs of guests are met and that the golfing experience exceeds their expectations by providing excellent service and hospitality. The golf shop supervisor/assistant golf professional will lead by example in the interaction with guests and be instrumental in generating and up selling of retail sales.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure guests are well served, and maintain maximum levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for duties related to tournament coordination.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed, as outlined, in the day-to-day operation of the golf shop, e.g., opening / closing, inventories, cash controls etc.
- Assist in the orientation and training of all new hires for the golf shop.
- Delegate day-to-day operational duties to fellow associates.
- Work closely with the merchandise manager to ensure that golf shop, storage areas and merchandise displays are well maintained and fully stocked at all times.
- Produce a weekly golf shop, starter, greeter and player assistant schedule.
- Conduct golf lessons, clinics and junior programs as needed.
- Generate purchase orders, ensuring all orders are recorded properly and inventory levels and profit margins are maximized.
- Starting and maximizing play, on both golf courses, utilizing “Pace of Play Manager System”.
- Schedule tee times and answer guest questions / concerns.
- Compile all guest information accurately for customer database.
- Use standard operating procedures and perform all duties as outlined.
- Represent golf club in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Perform any reasonable tasks assigned by a manager.
- Supervises work of others, verbally and in writing.
- Inspects workspaces, as necessary.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- High school diploma required at a minimum.
- PGA Membership.
- Must speak and write English language fluently.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages, and to retrieve information from technical sources.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to five hours at a time without sitting.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally, 50 pounds to shoulder height repetitively and 20 pounds constantly.
- Must have the ability to perform frequent bending, turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
- Must have the ability operate a golf car in a safe manner.
Compenstation: $770 per week plus lesson revenue.
If you are intersted in this position and meet the qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com