POSITION: EXECUTIVE CHEF – SCOTTSDALE/PHOENIX AREA
Reports To: General Manager & Corporate Director of Food and Beverage
Position Purpose: The Executive Chef is responsible for the overall culinary operation of the club. Develops menus, food purchasing specifications and recipes. Develops and monitors food and labor budgets for culinary staff. Maintains the highest professional standards for food quality and sanitation.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous and friendly service to all members, guests and employees.
- Hires, trains, supervises culinary staff
- Motivates and directs staff member’s daily
- Verifies that kitchen staff follow all recipes and portion servings correctly and according to menu specifications.
- Controls labor cost by properly scheduling staff, improving productivity and reviewing daily punch report.
- Ensures food quality by maintaining the highest standard of personal hygiene, proper food handling techniques, and a clean, well-maintained physical plant.
- Places food and supply orders as appropriate
- Receives products and verifies invoice pricing, quantity and that the product meets facility’s specifications.
- Plans menus with Club Manager/Corporate Director of F&B for all dining rooms in club and banquet/catering venues considering costs, demand, health consciousness, and other applicable factors.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste, and theft
- Assists Club Manager/Corporate Director of F&B in the preparation of budgets for the culinary departments
- Cooks and directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Plans and manages the employee meal program
- Protect and maintains all company supplies and assets according to company policies.
- Obtains and maintains up to date health and public safety material.
- Evaluates and ensures that all recipes, food preparations and plate presentations are consistent with commitment to quality.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Culinary degree and or extensive experience in upscale Food & Beverage establishment
- Prior experience as executive, sous chef or working chef.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Obtain and maintain current foodservice certification.
- Able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Able to delegate responsibilities.
- Able to develop, lead, train and manage a team.
- Computer literate with accurate typing skills.
- Able to perform arithmetic computations for budgeting and cost analysis.
- Ability to direct and operate restaurants and banquet facilities.
- Understanding of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives and dish machine.
- Ability to work in a high energy and demanding environment
- Strong organizational, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Team player with ability to take direction.
- Able to successfully work Pantry, Sauté, Line, Broiler, Helper, Dish and Expo stations
- Able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage and other items greater than 35 pounds and able to transport up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Frequent bending turning, kneeling and stooping
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry.
- Must be able to operate a golf cart in a safe manner
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org