Reports To: Golf Course Superintendent
To provide the supervision, labor, and technical knowledge needed to keep the golf course equipment operating efficiently.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise employees as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Must be able to direct and motivate staff.
- Ensure adjustments of mowing equipment are inspected daily.
- Ensure equipment operators are cleaning and lubricating their equipment daily.
- Check fuel tanks weekly and order as needed.
- Coordinate work order system; maintain a balanced inventory of parts and supplies.
- Follow both oral and written instructions. Communicate questions or problems to Supervisor.
- Ensure shop areas are kept clean and neat.
- Lead other staff by example and ensure that work is performed in a safe manner.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Follow proper ordering and inventory procedures.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- High School education or its equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical tools, safety procedures and equipment repair.
- Possess in-depth working knowledge of golf course maintenance equipment and repair practices, including gasoline, diesel and electric motor repair; hydraulic and hydrostatic transmission repair; grinding, back lapping and adjusting reels; body work; and, painting.
- Must possess ability to use mechanical tools.
- Must be able to work with or without direct supervision. Must be polite and friendly to our players and guests. Must be able to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees. Must maintain a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Constant bending, turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, fumes, exhaust and environmental condition.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry.
- Must be able to operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifiations, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org