Reports To: Director of Agronomy
The Equipment Operator is responsible for the maintenance / repair of equipment.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance repairs on equipment as directed by the Equipment Service Manager.
- Inspect and adjust mowers daily.
- Perform field inspection of equipment.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees. Communicate questions or problems to Supervisor.
- Ensure shop areas are kept clean and neat. Ensure proper care and storage of tools.
- Assist operators in adding fuel, oil and proper greasing of equipment.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- High School education or its equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical tools, safety procedures and equipment repair.
- Must have working knowledge of golf course maintenance equipment and repair practices including: gasoline, diesel, and electric motor repair. Hydraulic and hydrostatic transmission repair, grinding, back-lapping and adjusting reels.
- Must possess mechanical ability and be able to use mechanical tools.
- Must follow both oral and written instructions.
- Must work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work with or without direct supervision. Must be polite and friendly to our players and guests. Must maintain a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Constant bending, turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, fumes, exhaust and environmental condition.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry.
- Must be able to operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com