Maintains cleanliness of kitchen, loading dock, and back of house area. Maintains cleanliness of tableware, glassware, and kitchen equipment, minimizing breakage.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up cleaning area: Puts dish machine together properly, fill all water tanks, turn on heating elements to dish machine.
- Scrape, stack and clean all dishes properly. Pre-soak silver and change water after major meal periods.
- Sort silver with eating end up. Keep dish area as clean and neat as possible.
- Properly store dishes and silver in the locations designated by the lead steward or Executive Sous Chef.
- Disassembles, cleans, and re-assembles dishwasher prior to end of shift.
- Neatly stacks all remaining dirty china, glassware, and silver prior to the end of shift.
- Sees that all china, glassware, and silver are returned to proper storage areas, clean and ready for the next day business.
- Clean kitchen walls floors loading dock and other associated areas at specified intervals.
- Empty boxes and garbage at specified intervals.
- Endure safety of area by posting appropriate caution signs when floor is wet or being mopped.
- Assist Culinary staff when needed for preparation and banquet plate up.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your supervisor and assist other departments as business volumes and staff level demand.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements
- High School education or its equivalent.
- One year of food service preferred.
- Must have local Food Handlers Card.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Frequent bending turning, kneeling and stooping
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language
** Benefits available after 60 days for full time employees.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org