POSITION: DIRECTOR OF FOOD & BEVERAGE
Reports To: General Manager
Property Description: Gamble Sands is a nationally-ranked Top-100 golf course in the US (#61 Golf magazine) and ranked #1 in the State of Washington. Gamble Sands boasts an 18-hole championship course, 37-room Inn, Restaurant, Driving Range and opening in 2021, a 14-hole Short Course. The property is in an exciting growth trend and more growth is on the horizon. Open for golf from April-October, the Inn and Restaurant remain open in the off-season.
Position Purpose: The Director of Food and Beverage provides support and direction to the facility management teams by driving all company F&B initiatives as well as future development projects and/or management partnerships. Responsibilities include, but not limited to areas of capital expansion, business planning, branding, menu/clubhouse design, service standards training, operational audits and the creative and conceptual development of new F&B experiences.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a working knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations regarding the food service industry, local liquor laws, health and safety standard and employee on the job injury reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services; this includes guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction.
- Have a good understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and report of financial data.
- Be able to schedule and monitor labor in an efficient, productive and profitable manner.
- Be able to schedule and facilitate supervision of all food and beverage personnel with optimal management coverage from opening to close of daily operations. (i.e. The Director of Food and Beverage is expected to be at the club during peak business levels, special events, etc.)
- Have complete menu knowledge including the cost of the individual menu items.
- Have both front of the house and back of the house skills and knowledge.
- Have a working understanding of marketing concepts and real cost.
- Promotes the club’s dining facilities for weddings, private banquets, business and social meetings.
- Develops contracts for and oversees all administrative and operation aspects of preparing and serving events.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college preferred.
- Three to five years restaurant management experience with proven track record of increased sales and high morale.
- Must possess computer proficiency and demonstrated skills in accounting.
- Strong organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Must have local health and alcohol awareness certification.
- Experience in high-volume restaurant experience a plus.
- High culinary aptitude and menu design is a plus.
- Special Event / Banquet execution experience a plus.
- Proficient oral and written communication skill.
- Above average computer skills Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs; must be able to compose and create reports, letters, memos, and menus.
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. to waist height.
- Frequent bending turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry.
- Must be able to operate a golf cart in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must have the ability to travel.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications please submit your resume and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org