Reports To: General Manager
Position Purpose: The Catering Sales Director reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the entire scope of the Club’s catering business and promoting/marketing the Club’s social event capabilities.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly oversees and manages other roles in the Catering Sales department.
- Implements aggressive on-going sales campaign of the club’s banquet operations and capabilities; continually explores and contacts new sales opportunities both inbound and outbound.
- Promotes the club’s facilities for private banquets, business meetings and social events; ensures catered functions meet the needs of clients.
- Develops contracts and Banquet Event Orders for events and works with Food & Beverage department to ensure guest’s expectations are exceeded.
- Manages catering department’s budgets and performance to ensure goals are achieved for events and for whole department.
- Maintains current and accurate member files for all events.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the annual sales (marketing) plan for catering department.
- Compiles and manages various sales and other reports detailing the operation of the catering department.
- Meets in person with guests to arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for proper planning.
- Provides guest tours and offers suggestions in efforts to sell the merits of the club’s facilities for the occasion being planned.
- Works with Food & Beverage Director and Executive Chef to determine menu/pricing for catered events.
- Suggests/creates menus and helps guests plan culinary experience with Food & Beverage Director and/or Executive Chef.
- Transmits necessary information to Food & Beverage Director for event planning.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Must have the ability to operate a golf car in a safe manner.
- The employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach.
- The employee must regularly life and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is general office; indoor and outdoor working environment.
- May be exposed to inclement weather, herbicides and fertilizers; misdirected golf balls; sharp and rapid equipment movements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be computer literate and demonstrated skills in MS Office applications.
- Must speak and write English language fluently.
- Work hours (shifts) are subject to change, include weekends, and the number of hours will vary based on business needs.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org