Reports To: Catering Manager
This position works in partnership with a second Event Coordinator to plan and execute special events, including administering and coordinating all phases of food and beverage catering operation, and including both golf and non-golf events.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes special events for clients.
- Meets with prospective clients and generates contracts that include specific needs and expectations.
- Communicates menu plans and changes to Executive Chef.
- Orders linen, flowers, chairs and other special supplies requested by client.
- Prepares room arrangements based upon client expectations.
- Coordinates with golf club staff for client events.
- Ensures that all set policies are followed to include obtaining a written, signed contract and deposits; properly rings event billing information into the P.O.S. system and completes gratuity worksheet; monitoring for accuracy.
- Schedules and supervises banquet staff to meet the needs of the client.
- Maintain proper levels of serviceware inventory.
- Maintains storage facilities in a neat and orderly manner.
- Updates monthly calendar of upcoming events.
- Ensures client satisfaction by being present at special events.
- Helps to market property and solicit new business.
- Maintains high standards in client interactions, and provides a positive image for the property.
Job Experience and Qualifications
- Must have strong organizational skills and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work under pressure, with changing priorities.
- Must be computer literate, including knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, working equally well with customers, fellow employees and management.
- Must have knowledge of event planning and supervision.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Frequent bending turning, kneeling and stooping
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
Pay: $14.00 per hour plus gratuities.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com