Position Purpose: Responsible and accountable for supporting processes in the preparation and maintenance of financial information for the golf club under management and other related accounting duties by performing the following duties; other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide accounting services with a customer service-oriented approach.
- Reconcile daily sales.
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits, along with making change for Golf and F&B Banks.
- Post payments on account.
- Prepare the Flash Report on a daily basis.
- Organize and input Accounts Payable invoices and interact with vendors about any discrepancies.
- Answers all vendor inquiries as well as setting-up new vendors. All vendors are required to have a W-9 on file.
- Maintain accounts payable files and backup.
- Maintain accurate and organized accounting information for posting to the general ledger.
- Assists with special projects, as necessary.
- Assist team with administrative tasks.
- Human Resources – handle all matter with confidentiality, sensitivity and knowledge.
- Prepare and process payroll bi-weekly.
- Assist with the setup/tracking of time off accruals, verify all LOA’s are paid time-off correctly and assist with maintenance/communication of accruals via the payroll system.
- Responsible for explaining, reviewing employee paperwork, including 401k and benefit administration.
- Ensure that harassment training is completed by newly hired supervisors/managers.
- Maintain effective communications with all team members within the office to maintain a smooth, informed and consistent atmosphere with regards to office functions.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Perform any reasonable tasks assigned by a manager.
Personal Attributes / Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills – attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Proven capabilities to lead and manage people and processes in a dynamic and changing environment
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Be able to provide direction and drive key initiatives.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with a high need for closure
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines.
- Must be willing to “roll-up” sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business.
- Committed to learning, personal growth, continual process improvement and associate/team development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Ability to manage financial controls and accounting processes across geographically dispersed golf courses
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from college or technical school.
- Computer Skills-Excel/Word/Peachtree/Windows.
- Must have the ability to give verbal and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages, and to retrieve information from technical sources.
- Must have the ability to fluently speak and write the English language
- Must have the ability to visually inspect all workspaces.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally with customers.
- Primarily indoor working environment.
If you are interested in the positon and meet the qualifications, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org