Position Title: ASSISTANT GOLF PROFESSIONAL
Reports To: HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL
Position Summary: To assist the 1st Assistant with the daily management of the golf operation. Exceed overall expectations as set forth by Mountain Shadows. Will report to 1st Assistant Golf Professional.
- Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection: control and manage play.
- Make golf reservations.
- Assist with all opening and closing procedures.
- Assist in managing tournament operations including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post-tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, prep, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up.
- Assist with management of outside services staff to ensure the highest of customer service expectations are met.
- Assist in the inventory control to include ordering, receiving, inputting and pricing. Maintain attractive and orderly retail appearance in golf shop.
- Guest relations, greeting and introducing guests to our facility, directing guests around our facility, meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests, providing consistent genuine and friendly hospitality.
- Some short game golf instruction as needed.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and/or Director of Golf.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the Responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Registered as a PGA apprentice preferred.
- Registered in Level 1 of the PGA/PGM preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf.
- Experienced computer user to include, Microsoft Word and Excel and other computer applications such as retail POS & tee time software
- Able to meet the minimum physical requirements.
- Able to work in guest service environment and communicate effectively.
Specific Functions of Position:
The specific functions listed below are the responsibility of each Assistant Golf Professional in addition to the responsibilities of the position.
- To create a positive, professional and friendly environment for our members, guests and fellow associates.
- To promote teamwork throughout the facility.
- To maintain a look of organization and cleanliness throughout the golf shop and offices consistently each day.
- Involvement throughout the facility as prescribed by management.
- Actively promote the game of golf and tournament preparations with our members and guests.
- Maintain the goals and direction prescribed by management.
- Share thoughts and ideas of how to improve the facility around you.
- Following all policies and procedures of Mountain Shadow’s.
- Immediately reporting all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- Practicing safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
If you are intersted in the position and meet the qualifications, please apply at https://jobs.mountainshadows.com/jobs