Reports to: Head of Agronomy
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Six months of experience in golf course grounds maintenance or greenskeeping is preferred.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture is preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
- Cooperate with, and respect fellow employees.
- Presents a professional image at all times.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Maintains the landscaping around the clubhouse and other club facilities, including parking lots and pocket parks.
- Assist in planning and implement the yearly flower/color changes.
- Plants and maintains ornamental shrubs, trees, and flowers.
- Trims and feeds shrubs and trees; removes cuttings.
- Maintains landscape beds around clubhouse and golf course grounds.
- Responsible for all irrigation programming and scheduling of landscaping and flower beds on the property.
- Basic operation of utility vehicles, sod cutters, weed-eaters, hand-held blowers, small equipment/etc.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment, which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat.
- Often required to get dirty and/or work in dirty environments.
- Prefer that all groundskeepers possess a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in the job and meet the requirements, please email your resume to email@example.com