Pinewood Country Club is a semi- private golf club located in Munds Park, AZ 20 miles south of Flagstaff, AZ. Pinewood Country Club is home to an 18-hole championship golf course. We have an active, friendly membership, and are a family-oriented facility.
A commitment to high level service is expected. The position will encompass most aspects of the golf operation and allow the candidate an opportunity to learn the golf business at a highly active semi-private club.
Start and end dates are flexible. We prefer April 12 – October 17.
Managed by OB Sports – Screening to test for illegal drug use is required as a condition of employment.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection; control and manage play.
- Provide instruction from juniors to adults.
- Club repair for re-gripping of clubs.
- Assist in Golf Car Fleet management.
- Assist with management of outside service staff to ensure the highest quality of customer service is achieved.
- Assist in daily inventory and merchandising
Ensures the staging of cart and practice facilities are set up and maintained to standard.
- Assist in tournament operations and weekly events including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post- tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, preparation, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up.
- Must have leadership abilities, positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong computer skills, and have a strong desire to become a PGA member.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds to waist height.
- Frequent bending, turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be ablet to stand for extended periods.
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry.
- Must be able to operate a golf cart in a safe manner.
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- PGA Level 1
- High School education or its equivalent.
- 1-3 years of related experience working in a semi-professional or professional club.
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org