Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for assisting the General Manager with overall golf operation of the golf club relating to guest needs and public play as well as group tournament play.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly involved with hiring and training the most qualified personnel available, which benefits the overall success of the club.
- Shall maintain an open line of communication and oversee the performance of both the inside and outside staff and conduct regular staff meetings.
- Establishes pricing policies and assist staff in providing qualified instruction and oversee the scheduling of lessons, monitors and promotes group instruction.
- Responsible for the proper servicing and repair of the golf car fleet. Includes overseeing the daily washing and cleanliness of cars and supervision of player service attendants and mechanic.
- Establishes and/or suggests promotions and marketing strategies to meet both the short and longer-term goals of the club and to ensure maximum profitability.
- Available for meetings requested by management and provides professional advice and opinions.
- Works closely with the golf course superintendent and other departments to coordinate activities, which benefit the club.
- Represents the clubs in various golf related functions to promote community relations and exposure for the club.
- Performs any other duty deemed reasonable and necessary by the supervisor or management.
- Responsible to continually monitor, implement and adhere to all company goals, policies, procedures and controls.
- Assists customers/players in the sale of merchandise, scheduling tee times, golf car rentals, etc.
- In charge of checking in and starting of players at their designated times and maintaining a properly functioning tee sheet and pace of play.
- Assist General Manager in organizing and running golf tournaments.
- Maintains the pro shop in an orderly fashion in regard to merchandise. Keeps shelves stocked and neat. Moves merchandise as necessary and assists with rotation of shop displays.
- Assist General Manager in maintaining inventory control.
- Responsible for cash register receipt accuracy and opening/closing accounting procedures.
- Duties may include opening or closing duties, as required.
- Cleans and vacuums pro shop, as needed.
- Provide service, go the extra mile to provide the highest quality standard of service our guests expect.
- Perform other duties as requested by the General Manager.
Experience / Education / Certification Requirements:
- Some college education or its equivalent.
- Active Class A Apprentice or PGA status, or its equivalent.
- Must be computer literate with accurate math and typing skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height.
- Frequent bending, turning, kneeling and stooping.
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Repetitive motion required, including computer entry.
- Must be able to operate a golf car in a safe manner.
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required.
- Must be able to fluently speak and write the English language.
If you are interested in the position and meet the qualifications, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org